Cancellation/modification of support must be made in writing to Comtecmed.
Comtecmed will retain:
• 10% of the agreed amount if cancellation is made 6 or more months prior to the Congress
• 50% of the agreed amount if cancellation is made 4 months prior to the Congress
• 100% of the agreed amount if cancellation is made 3 or less months before the Congress
Terms of Payment
100% Upon signature of sponsorship agreement and receipt of invoice.
All payments must be received before the beginning of the Congress. Should the company fail to make the payment prior to the commencement of the Congress, the Organizer saves the right to cancel the company’s participation and benefits.
Breach of Policy
Organizers must adhere to the responsibilities outlined in the policy and on the official forms to avoid cancellation of the activity. Failure to adhere to the policy may result in any or all of the following actions by COPHy EU:
• Cancellation of Ancillary Event
• Refusal to allow company or group the opportunity to exhibit or hold symposia, meetings, or other events in COPHy EU‑controlled meeting facilities in current year or a specified number of future years.
Ancillary Events Policy during COPHy EU Congresses
The COPHy EU Secretariat and Co-Chairs have recognized that at the COPHy EU Annual Congress attendees and companies seek to maximize their networking opportunities and fulfill their professional responsibilities while at a location with so many of their colleagues.
To accomplish these goals COPHy EU will make every effort to make available their time and space in COPHy EU‑controlled meeting facilities (convention center or headquarter hotels) for Ancillary Events which do not compete or conflict substantially with the official scientific program.
• Ancillary Events may not be commercial or educational in nature, i.e., they may not include a scientific program with presentations, posters, or lectures, nor include marketing demonstrations or commercial presentations.
• Ancillary Events with more than 25 attendees may not be scheduled in conflict with the official scientific program of COPHy EU
Definition of Ancillary Events
Ancillary Events are non COPHy EU-sponsored special group events, such as business meetings of other organizations or social gatherings, held in conjunction with the COPHy EU Annual Congress. Ancillary Events are not planned or sponsored by COPHy EU.
Ancillary Events may not be commercial or educational in nature, i.e., they may not include a scientific program with presentations, posters, or lectures, nor include marketing demonstrations or commercial presentations.
• Business Meetings: Meetings of non-commercial editorial boards, non-profit organization boards, or other non COPHy EU committees/working groups, study groups, etc.
• Exhibitor Internal Meetings: Meetings for COPHy EU exhibitor’s corporate personnel: COPHy EU exhibitor hospitality suites.
• Investigator Meetings: Meetings for investigators of ongoing research (may be sponsored only by a COPHy EU exhibitor).
• Social Events: Receptions, dinners, alumni events, reunions, and specialty groups where there is no educational/scientific program presented.
Requests for Ancillary Events must be made on official forms and approved by COPHy EU, regardless of COPHy EU Annual Congress Ancillary Events Policy the location of the event.
Ancillary Events should be planned and scheduled in support of the COPHy EU Annual Congress.
Commercial organizers of Ancillary Events must be supporters of the COPHy EU Annual Congress at the value of not less than the cost of an inside 10×10 booth. Commercial ancillary event organizers who are not exhibitors will incur additional service charges for multiple events.
Fees for participation by Annual Congress attendees outside of the recovery of food and beverage costs, such as registration fees, must be approved by COPHy EU. All costs for the activity, including decorator, audio-visual setup, and room changes, must be borne by the organizers. All event expenses must be paid promptly and non-payment may result in action by COPHy EU. The use of the COPHy EU logo, trademark, or name in conjunction with publicity must be pre-approved. COPHy EU may not be represented as cosponsoring an event unless a formal request has been submitted to and approved by COPHy EU. Conducting demonstrations and/or displays of commercial products will not be permitted during Ancillary Events. Only
Ancillary Events open to all Annual Meeting registrants will be listed in the Annual Congress related publications. Signs, directional or informational, must be approved by, and coordinated with, COPHy EU Congress management when placed in COPHy EU-controlled Congress facilities. Each sign must state that “This event is not organized or sponsored by COPHy EU.”
Organizers must remove any meeting-related materials from their assigned rooms at the conclusion of the event. All participants in Ancillary Events must register for the Annual Congress unless requests for passes for nonscientific participants are received in writing at the time the Ancillary Event is approved.